Friday, November 6, 2009

The Enemy Within is the Worst One

Commander in Chief Barrack Hussein Obama
Major Nidal Malik Hasan

I was discussing the Ft. Hood assault today with my father on the telephone. I said, "what am I missing? You've got a guy who is already been on the radar screen of authorities for some internet rants, he goes around Killeen, TX wearing 'traditional Arab garb' yet he was born and raised in the United States. And this guy is a Major in the U.S. armed forces??? How does this happen?"

Well, my father with his 79 years of wisdom and cut-to-the-chase Arkansan-cum-Texan uncomplicated way of seeing things says, "son, you only need to look through to the Commander in Chief."

I have been very private in certain thoughts I have had about Barrack Obama, because on the surface they may seem unfair or even snobbish. But Barrack Obama has never been "American enough" for me. It's not like this guy was raised in London or even Frankfurt because his father worked for Citicorp or IBM. There is little to no cultural overlap between the United States and Kenya. Furthermore, between Indonesia and Hawaii, it doesn't appear that Obama ever lived in the mainland United States until he graduated from high school. I am sorry, but I want someone who played on the high school football team somewhere like in Kansas, who said the Pledge of Allegiance, and decorated his bike on the fourth of July to be President. Maybe he was in Cub Scouts, went duck hunting with Grandpa, and wore a Larry Czonka Miami Dolphins jersey. His mom would have been a den mother or class mom, not a sixties radical. Does this make me horrible?

When things don't appear right on the surface, they rarely are underneath too, and bad things are prone to happen. It just doesn't pass the "dumb test" for Major Hasan to be in the military. And look what we got yesterday. Likewise it just doesn't pass the dumb test for Barrack Obama to be President of the United States. I think we are in for it. God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a typical 40-something American. I am a husband and a father. And like many of you I work hard to try to improve my life and the lives of my children. I don't want much from anyone or from my government - I just want to be left alone to go about my business and leave my little footprint on the world. I have grown very concerned about the direction our country is headed and firmly believe we have collectively lost sight of the basic principles that gave rise to our great nation. For awhile now I have been feeling more and more compelled to find a way to voice my concerns about this and share them with others - and that is the reason for this blog. I live near and work in New York City, by way of Texas, where I spent the majority of my formative years. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. My wife and I have three children, a dog, and a cat to keep us busy. I hope you enjoy what I have to say!
Politics blogs