Monday, August 3, 2009

Obama Administration - "Tax as you Go, Say it isn't So"

We have heard over and over about tax increases and surcharges for the "wealthiest Americans" to pay for our rampant government spending and for Obamacare. The term "wealthiest Americans" is ill-defined, at best, and has been tagged for those with incomes of anywhere from $250,000 to $500,000 per year. But for middle-class Americans, Obama had pledged that "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime"... at least until now! The deficit is soaring, and after throwning in Obamacare, our modern messiah and his disciples have realized they don't have enough wealthy Americans to tax. So now there is talk of tax increases for the middle class too. Why am I not surprised?

This is a "play it by ear" administration that throws money at problems with little thought: for instance $1 billion for cash for clunkers didn't seem to last a week, and now maybe another $2 billion is up for grabs. For Obamacare the stakes are a little higher: a trillion a year for it, maybe two. In Obama's field of dreams, "build it and they'll be taxed" is the mantra of the day, and this will eventually doom his administration, our economy, or both.

Just say NO. Call and write your representatives. Let them know you have had enough!

Taking hard-earned income from one person and giving it to others, you know, "spreading it around." This is all just very un-American to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a typical 40-something American. I am a husband and a father. And like many of you I work hard to try to improve my life and the lives of my children. I don't want much from anyone or from my government - I just want to be left alone to go about my business and leave my little footprint on the world. I have grown very concerned about the direction our country is headed and firmly believe we have collectively lost sight of the basic principles that gave rise to our great nation. For awhile now I have been feeling more and more compelled to find a way to voice my concerns about this and share them with others - and that is the reason for this blog. I live near and work in New York City, by way of Texas, where I spent the majority of my formative years. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. My wife and I have three children, a dog, and a cat to keep us busy. I hope you enjoy what I have to say!
Politics blogs