Monday, August 10, 2009

Obama - It's All America's Fault

Obama recently added dates for his "American Apology Tour" and completed another visit to Mexico. It seems that, in Obama's opinion, America's freedom is to blame for Mexico's drug wars. He said that the U.S. owns the responsibility of stopping American guns from getting in the hands of Mexican mobsters. He lamented the fact that the recent ruling by our Supreme Court regarding the second amendment would make it harder to reinstate the Clinton-era Assault Weapons ban. Obama had already apologetically noted that he had no authority to overturn the Supreme Court's ruling. Duh! To even utter such a thought is disturbing to say the least. But in light of all of this, Obama has ordered more checkpoints to stop the flow of guns heading South.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE! If the U.S. is responsible for preventing the flow of guns to the South, shouldn't Mexico be held responible for another flow... a Northward flow? Yes, the flow of illegal aliens from Mexico to the United States? It seems Obama is more concerned about guns LEAVING our country than illegal aliens ENTERING our country. Perhaps the $1.4 billion we have earmarked to give to Mexico to help them stop their drug wars could be used instead to beef up border patrol to stop illegal immigration!

I will do a little rudimentary math. Suppose that $1.4 billion were invested to earn as little as 6%. That would mean the $1.4 billion could endow $84 million a year of expenditures. Now the US-Mexico border is about 2,000 miles. That means you could have patrols every 2 miles of the border and have $84,000 per year to pay each agents salary. That could provide a great wage in South Texas! And this new force would be IN ADDITION to what is already in place.

My point ultimately is that here is just another example of where Obama just gets it all wrong. He is out apologizing for our freedom, while failing to address the real problems of the American people. He is our president, NOT Mexico's.

Demand representation! Stop the insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a typical 40-something American. I am a husband and a father. And like many of you I work hard to try to improve my life and the lives of my children. I don't want much from anyone or from my government - I just want to be left alone to go about my business and leave my little footprint on the world. I have grown very concerned about the direction our country is headed and firmly believe we have collectively lost sight of the basic principles that gave rise to our great nation. For awhile now I have been feeling more and more compelled to find a way to voice my concerns about this and share them with others - and that is the reason for this blog. I live near and work in New York City, by way of Texas, where I spent the majority of my formative years. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. My wife and I have three children, a dog, and a cat to keep us busy. I hope you enjoy what I have to say!
Politics blogs