Thursday, July 2, 2009

Janet Napolitano - Politically Cunning Linguist

Something hit me on the train to the city this morning. It involves two pieces of news during the last quarter that I thought about together for the first time this morning. As part of the Obama administration's American apology tour, while in Germany our Homeland Security Secretary, Janet Napolitano, avoided referring to terrorists or acts of terror. Instead she referred absurdly to "man-caused disasters." When questioned about this, she said they were trying to avoid the "politics of fear."

A few weeks later the Department of Homeland Security released its report warning law enforcement on the home-front of American "right-wing extremists," radicals, and domestic terrorists. The report further insulted our military by suggesting returning veterans were ripe for recruitment into these terrorist groups.

Taken together, these two events suggest the "politics of fear" is best used at home. That we should fear conservative Americans, people who believe in and protect the constitution, those who exercise their rights under the second amendment - that we should fear our military patriots as well. Forgive me, but I would feel 100% safer at an NRA convention in a state that allows concealed carry than I did in Manhattan on 9/11, when I watched those buildings come down.

So why this "bilingual" attitude about terrorism? Well, the Obama administration supports the utopian one-world concept and is an enabler of the power-grab sought by the UN. These transnationalists believe we should harmonize our rights with what everybody else is doing. They need to set the cultural stage - our collective mood - and soften our views about nations that do not support freedom and commit acts of terror, while hardening our views about America's rich culture of freedom. Then our rights and liberties can be much more easily eroded - watered-down to the point we don't even recognize them anymore.

Well, I am somewhat of a cunning linguist myself, so I will refer to this administration as an "election-caused disaster!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a typical 40-something American. I am a husband and a father. And like many of you I work hard to try to improve my life and the lives of my children. I don't want much from anyone or from my government - I just want to be left alone to go about my business and leave my little footprint on the world. I have grown very concerned about the direction our country is headed and firmly believe we have collectively lost sight of the basic principles that gave rise to our great nation. For awhile now I have been feeling more and more compelled to find a way to voice my concerns about this and share them with others - and that is the reason for this blog. I live near and work in New York City, by way of Texas, where I spent the majority of my formative years. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. My wife and I have three children, a dog, and a cat to keep us busy. I hope you enjoy what I have to say!
Politics blogs