Friday, July 24, 2009

Obama - Foot in Mouth Disease

It seems that Obama's latest trend is to insult some of our nation's most respected professionals - those in law enforcement and doctors - on his quest to create the "Great Divide" in America.

Admittedly not knowing all of the facts, Obama claimed that the Cambridge police officers acted "stupidly" in their arrest of Professor Gates. In other words, Obama was willing to throw the law enforcement profession under the bus to take a "black activist" position. I would expect this from Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. In fact I would even be concerned as to their health if they didn't come out of the woodwork on this one. But this was from the President of the United States of America - the great "uniter." My foot!

This is exactly the kind of "judgement" people have concerns about with the appointment of Judge Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Frankly, activism has its place, after all this is a free country. But our leaders are supposed to serve us all!

In the same day, trying to charm his socialized healthcare plan down America's throat, Obama accused doctors of performing unnecessary procedures on children to make a buck. I guess we know what kind of doctor Obama would have been, had he chosen medical school instead of law school.

The end result is that Obama's running off at the mouth is dividing our country. His remarks pit minorities against police and support class warfare in pitting patients against doctors. And recall that he has already villanized bankers and investment banks.

Is it not enough that Obama destroys our economy, but that he will destroy our social system as well?

1 comment:

  1. Good points Mr. "Liberty"! Indeed, democracy works best when divergent views are presented, but it also works best when voters are informed. Until America's voters decide to educate themselves in places other than SNL, HBO and other talk shows with a political motive hidden behind a comedy show instead of delivery of the "full story", we will keep moving in the direction that Obama is taking us. I'm keeping the faith that the millions of voters near the middle in the last election will now realize that we need to turn the ship before we crash into the far left bank of the river! 2010 and 2012 will be hugely important elections.
    Best regards,
    Patriot of the Republic

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am a typical 40-something American. I am a husband and a father. And like many of you I work hard to try to improve my life and the lives of my children. I don't want much from anyone or from my government - I just want to be left alone to go about my business and leave my little footprint on the world. I have grown very concerned about the direction our country is headed and firmly believe we have collectively lost sight of the basic principles that gave rise to our great nation. For awhile now I have been feeling more and more compelled to find a way to voice my concerns about this and share them with others - and that is the reason for this blog. I live near and work in New York City, by way of Texas, where I spent the majority of my formative years. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. My wife and I have three children, a dog, and a cat to keep us busy. I hope you enjoy what I have to say!
Politics blogs